Awaiting Feedback [DR] Disable the timer on certain maps (2 Viewers)

Disable the timer on these maps

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bloodpop

Hello, Im suggesting the timer to be disabled on certain maps that interfere with the minigames

Examples like:

dr_simulacrum(The map is very long by playing it and even the author mentioned it was long too. There was a time i think when the boss was triggered and during the second phase. Panda's DR Timer fucked with the boss on the 2nd phase when 2 players were trying to focus on the boss, making that attempt impossible to win)

dr_PQ( the map already has a timer and i think if the boss gets triggered, but it wasn't a freerun then the timer could screw up players trying to do PQ's boss)

dr_sonic_exe(Mostly Similar reasons as PQ, it already has a round timer and it does pauses itself when a red player reaches the end to make time for the minigames. However, while the map's round timer pauses itself when its minigame time. Panda's timer doesn't which could make Triple Trouble Impossible to beat and Apophis only beaten if the activator declares a free run.)

dr_cyber_tower(If the boss does gets triggered, but short mode isn't enabled and no free run then the timer could interfere with the boss and probably some of the minigames)

Maps that have a entity called tf_round_timer(What's the point of it when there's a map that already has one)

In conclusion the timer should be disabled on maps that have a tf_round_timer and the ones i mentioned, before the timer could ruin any bosses or minigames when players are in process of it. Also, If you're afraid of players stalling then no worries. These maps have motivators to catch them, and if they don't have one or a round timer then you can request the map authors to add one too or make a stripper config to add one.

Another option it would be better if they extended the timer or added a option where you have to extend the timer.

Reactions: Bloodpop
if anyone has proof or claims that Panda's timer does interfere with a boss/minigame on a map then please let me know so i can add it to the examples.

dont think we should change up the gamemode for these. honestly speaking
you can beat them without doing that.

dont think we should change up the gamemode for these. honestly speaking
you can beat them without doing that.
Its not for the gamemode, its for maps like these like i mentioned in the post.

Only time the Panda Timer should be used is when there's a map that barley has a motivator and a tf_round_timer or shorter maps that the Panda Timer won't interfere on the minigames.

And like i said, you can only beat the bosses of the maps i mentioned if the activator gives you a free run or just enables options to shorten the map. Like Imagine players trying to trigger simulacrums boss when the activator start using traps, only for the timer to interfere with them during the boss.

Also, winning the map while an activator that doesn't fuck around and plays its role could make bosses in the maps i mentioned impossible to beat. Since a normal round would take 6-8 minutes and there will be limited time on the boss to the point that players won't be able to beat the full thing and die when the timer ends.

simulacrum and cybertower's boss both have bypasses for the timer; cybertower requires the skip monologue option to be pressed at 4:40~ since every successful boss operation takes the correct amount of time to trigger the timebomb in which afterwards respawn the red team (i.e sacrificing a red), bypassing the timer entirely; simulacrum requires a competent runner to get to the end as quick as possible and someone to activate the boss before hand (3:2x or more) plus 3 surviving runners for phase 2 to do it, as for the minigames it's another case of doing a timebomb skip (end 1 has to be activated at 2:2x? and end 2 is somewhere around 1:58 or more to bypass the timebomb).
as for sonic exe, despite never having seen the boss, suffers from the panda timer.
PQ doesn't have any problems with the timer, boss and the map is short enough to always guarantee a playthrough of pq's boss regardless of the activator being active or not; pq's built-in timer isn't long enough to be effected by the panda one if I'm remembering correctly.

cybertower would benefit the most from the panda timer being disabled because of the panda timer interfering with the map's spawn secret hints, casual mode respawn popup text, final red room door text and minigame text, that plus the boss.

Most maps have motivators and timers built in so I would think it would be better to just disable the timer and only enable it on maps where it's needed.

Users who are viewing this thread